General

Welcome to our official feedback forum for Taglocity 3. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Integration with MS OneNote?

I am increasingly using OneNote to create tasks (usually for myself) and currently have to open each task in OL to add tags (which are all too often the same default set).

Either (or both) the ability to set up a default tag set for all tasks received from OneNote, or the ability to associate tags automatically when the assigned resource is me, would save me a significant amount of effort.

Some way of aligning the oneNote tagging with Taglocity tags would be the killer, through, so that I could actually interchange task related information between the two applications seamlessly.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Followup TagAction

One of the TagActions that might be useful is to mark the email for followup in Outlook. This is more than just tag it with a "Followup" tag -- this is use the Outlook followup menus so that it shows up as flagged in various windows in Outlook.

50 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Add Feature Request Option to link to here

Point users to this site from inside Taglocity. (I didn't know it existed!)

4 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Allow more advanced filtering from the outlook filter pane

From a new user who may not understand everything yet (so please correct me if I'm being dumb)... I would really like to see the filter pane improved to include:

1) Operations other than "AND": Presently the filter pane only allows "AND" type tag serches. I could really use a "NOT" (i.e. items which aren't tagged with any of the selected tags), and potentially also an "OR". The Taglocity filter window includes the "OR" option, but this window is a bit slow to be used all the time, and I haven't yet figured out how to restrict the search to…

6 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks good feedback Richard. Currently we don’t offer those extra option on the Filter area, although that was mainly to conserve screen space. We’ll revisit that decision.

In the interim you can ‘hack’ the filter yourself, although it’s not ideal. In Outlook you can use the ‘View / Current View / Customize Current View…’ option. From there you can edit the ‘Filter’ portion to enter your own query, e.g. “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords” != ‘Support’ would select all message with a NOT on the support tag.

As for the search folders on the non-default store, that’s an Outlook restriction, but we are investigation ways around this.

Thanks for the feedback.

• More functionality for maintenance of the tag tree

I have already about 200 tags (don't know if this is unusually high, but it is still growing!). It is a nightmare to maintain my tags. I couldn't find even a sorting or search, when I just want to change the settings on a specific tag. And reorganising a hierachical structure of hundreds of tags seems to be impossible.
            Great tool, I can't live without it.
            Thanks
            Thomas

4 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Right click to sort: http://www.taglocity.com/help/taglocity-v3/index.html?sort_tags.html

Admittedly search is a little unintuitive, you have to click into the tree and then start typing.

We do have ideas to improve tag maintainability though. I use about 1500 tags but I don’t bother with much maintenance. I do bundle some common ones together but otherwise I just set properties on a per tag basis when I need to by right clicking on the tag in the Tagger. Hope this helps!

• Provide ability to save searches from Taglocity Search Pane

I spend my whole day in this pane, as the search is incredibly fast and powerful. But, I have to keep switching out my tags and search words as I look for other groups of tasks/emails (note: I'm not talking about creating search folders in Outlook...this doesn't take advantage of Taglocity's robust tools).

This way, I don't have to jump to any other screen to manage my work AND would also have a handy reminder (and shortcut) for those items that need to be reviewed each day.

You're as close to a perfect solution for managing Outlook-based to-do's. Thanks.

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • New TagAction: Ignore conversion

Possibility to add a tag to the current element only, even if 'add to conversation' is enabled for the element.

I.e. I created a tag called 'receipt of reading' which moves the element into another folder. Unfortunately by applying this tag the whole conversion is being tagged and moved.

3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

I think this is a good idea too. Thanks for the suggestion.

FYI: There is a setting to ignore Move-to-folder actions in the Sent Items folder. This way replies are kept in Sent Items and all other messages in the conversation will be kept together when Move-to-folder actions are run on conversations.

• option to hide groups in tag dropdown list

Having many many categories (let's say 100 or more) requires to group them.
                  Now, when you type the initial letters of the category in the tagger pane, a dropdown list appears: in case you have defined groups of tags, it suggests both the child tag and the full path tag (for example if you have define project\infrastructure, it suggests you both project and project/infrastructure).
                  Having many categories, in this way the dropdown list becomes very long (doubles the entry and more if the hierarchy has more levels), so a useful option would be to propose just the "leaf"/child tags.

6 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

One of the main benefits of bundling tags is for quick selection of multiple tags in the auto-complete list.

Of course if you don’t want the parent tags showing in the auto-complete list, you can always not bundle your tags. I’m curious to know why you say having lots of tags ‘requires’ grouping (bundling) them? I mean, if you don’t want bundling for quick entry of multiple tags with the auto-complete list, is it to simplify the management of tags, or something else? Thanks!

• Beta Feedback : Conversation feature not working on Taglocity.Setup.v3.beta4.rc5

Hello Taglocity,

The conversation search (both default and based on subject) does not work with the version Taglocity.Setup.v3.beta4.rc5

I have ClearContext installed on my Outlook 2007 and that works fine to show conversations (which is what I like it for!!)

Is this a conflict with Clearcontext ? Appreciate your help in setting this right!

Kind Regards,
                    Satya

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Allow the user to send tags to specific people

I would like ot be able to share tags among collegues in my company, but not with my customers, for example. Having a list of Taglocity friends, a set of domains to share tags with, or something like that would be nice.

0 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

We have a way for people to share tags within teams via the TeamFeed service. You create a group, invite people to the group, and each group has a tag collection that is automatically synchronized with all team members when they sign in (you can set Taglocity to automatically sign you in). Any content published (emailed) to the group with tags is seen by all others in the group when they browse for it, search, or subscribe to alerts based on their criteria.

We do not yet have a way to say ‘leave tags on group emails and strip them off all other outgoing email’ so you’d have to privately tag customer content so the tags don’t travel, then afterwards send a copy to the group with public tags.

• Apply tag actions to non-Inbox folders

This doesn't appear to work for me. I'm using latest Beta version (3.0.1.1181 BETA Update 1, 15th May release), have added the sent items folder to the Incoming Folders List but new emails that I tag before sending still appear and stay in the sent items folder rather than being moved as a result of the actions associated with the tags.

The tags themselves are applied, just no associated actions.

2 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting this. As it turns out, tag actions will run in this scenario but only for public tags. We are looking into correcting this behavior to be consistent.

Dave

• Generate Search Folders In Local Outlook Folders

I really like the option to create a custom search folder from the filter pane - it's quick and straightforward.

The vast majority of my email is stored offline in local folders. If I create a custom search folder when viewing a filter on one of these local folders, it creates it in the exchange mailbox, and I can't copy it to the local folder. Instead I have to make one from scratch which is a bit more time-consuming.

Could you possibly address this? One option would be to make this feature create the custom search folder in the local…

2 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base