I suggest you ...

Add "Apply Auto-Assign-Tag Rule to All Items in Inbox"

Similar to Outlook Rules, which allows you to apply a newly created rule to existing messages. Frequently I only discover the need for an "Auto Assign Tag" rule AFTER I see the message. I would like the create the Auto-Tag Rule, then "Apply" it to all mail.

16 votes
Vote 0 votes Vote Vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    I agree to the terms of service

You'll receive a confirmation email with a link to create a password (optional).

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  DaveAdminDave (Admin, Taglocity) responded  · 

We have thought about this too so thanks for suggesting it….makes the decision easier when people take the time to suggest it. We will move this up the list.

In the meantime, you can accomplish a similar objective with the new tagging in search feature. Simply build a search based on the same criteria you use for the Auto Assign Tag, press Ctrl + A to select all results, then enter your tag(s) in the ‘Type here to tag’ box and press Enter.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      I agree to the terms of service

You'll receive a confirmation email with a link to create a password (optional).

Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DiegoDiego commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good Suggestion. But not only in Inbox. A Right click option on any folder to auto-assign the tags.

• KendalKendal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am looking for this feature because when I open Outlook when it has been closed for a couple of days, it doesn't auto assign a lot of the new messages.

I did a work-around by creating a folder called "monitored", I then set it as monitored for incoming email (settings). I then drag and drop all new messages that haven't been auto assigned. It tags them appropriately and what ever is left, I drag back into my inbox.

Knowledge Base and Helpdesk