I suggest you ...

Add tag group or parent tag options when creating new tag

Typing a new tag into the tag bar gives you the option to save it as a new one, and the extra tag options (like colour and tag actions) is good, useful perhaps once in every 10 new tags.

What I would be useful EVERY time though would be the option to select where to put the tag. I have two groups 'personal' and 'work' (shared with colleagues). Creating a tag by default just throws it at the end of the 'personal' group list. 95% of my new tags though relate to work stuff, so every new tag I have to remember to go back into the tag options and reposition the tag as a project or whatever in the 'work' group, so it's shared with my colleagues under the right category.

This would be much easier if we could do this during creation as an extra option. This could either be:
1. A "browse" button to allow you to drag and drop in the list (like when you create a new folder in Outlook),
2. OR it could be a simple box that you type in the group or tag (with autocomplete) that you want it to be a child tag of.
This would be my No1 improvement to taglocity right now, which by the way is awesome - my No2 would be to spread it across everything in my computer rather than just Outlook stuff!

Thank you for considering this idea.

19 votes
Vote 0 votes Vote Vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service

You'll receive a confirmation email with a link to create a password (optional).

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    realisedesignrealisedesign shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service

You'll receive a confirmation email with a link to create a password (optional).

Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KatieKatie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I want to be able to create new tags as child tags in existing bundles without all the extra clicking around.

Feedback and Knowledge Base