I suggest you ...

Auto-assign tags if word in subject matches existing tag.

Title pretty much sums it; it would be nice if you could have an option to have a tag auto-assign if the text of an email subject matched a tag already in the user database.

Example: I have a tag for "Invoices" - receive an email called "Outstanding Invoices On Your Account" - when you select the email it is already tagged Invoices.

While this can be done manually by adding an auto-assign for each tag, that is quite tedious.

22 votes
Vote 0 votes Vote Vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    I agree to the terms of service

You'll receive a confirmation email with a link to create a password (optional).

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    GRHurdGRHurd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      I agree to the terms of service

You'll receive a confirmation email with a link to create a password (optional).

Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DiegoDiego commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. The most options to automate tagging, the better. But I don't agree with Aye Nonomous. Complex filtering is not interesting in this case if we are looking to speed up the tagging process.

In addition, some improvements should be considered. For example:

also apply them if they are present in other fields: Like from & to. For example, when you send an email to [email protected], then (if support and/or domainexample.com matches) apply the tags.

Apply the tags to the selected email (at the same time when the tags are assigned). Currently, it's necessary to apply them again later.

• Aye NonomousAye Nonomous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

nice idea, but it needs a bit more "smarts" in matching. perhaps allow a set of filtering criteria on the subject, like "contains invoice and from taglocity.com".

Knowledge Base and Helpdesk